Skip to main content

Feedback and Complaints

We value your feedback

We are committed to providing high-quality healthcare services to patients, service users, and the community. We look to turn feedback into real improvements in the services we provide and to stay up to date with the issues that matter to our patients.

We value feedback on your experience with us. The learning from the information you provide is shared across the organisation.

If you have had a positive experience, we would be grateful for a review on

or Google reviews (Artesian Health Centre, Aylesbury Medical Centre, Commercial Way Surgery, Decima Street Surgery, Dun Cow Surgery, Manor Place Surgery, Princess Street Practice, Sir John Kirk Close Surgery, Surrey Docks Health Centre). 

If you wish to raise a complaint or concern you can:

  • Complete and submit an online form by clicking here.
  • Speak to the reception team at your registered practice

In addition to the above, if you would like to help us develop our services, you can join one of our Patient Participation Groups (PPGs). Read here for more details on our PPGs, or speak to reception staff.


Raising a complaint

Complaints can be made verbally, in writing, or by filling out our complaints form. All complaints are treated with confidence. Making or raising a complaint will not impact your treatment apart from the very rare occasions whereby the relationship between you and Nexus has broken down, registration with Nexus may need to be reviewed. 

If you are unhappy with the service you have received, it is best to tell a member of staff as soon as possible so that we can attempt to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. It is helpful to provide full details of the issue at the time of raising your concern or complaint.

You have 12 months from the date of the occurrence, or from the time that you became aware of an issue to raise your concern/complaint. You will receive an acknowledgement within five working days. This acknowledgement will contain further information on next steps, and timescales for reply.

Raising a complaint on behalf of someone else
Medical records are protected by the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are contacting us on behalf of someone else we need to know that you have their permission to do so. An authority letter signed by the person concerned will be required unless they are incapable (i.e. due to illness) of providing this.
Other ways to raise a concern or complaint

If you would prefer, you can contact NHS England via the complaints manager. 

  • Post: NHS England Complaints Manager. PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT
  • Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - ‘For the attention of the Complaints Manager’ in the subject line
  • Telephone: 0300 311 22 33 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, excluding English Bank Holidays)
Getting help to make your complaint

If you feel you would like help to make your complaint support is available. Some people may decide not to make a complaint because they are put off by the process, find it confusing or believe nothing will happen. If you are thinking about making a complaint it is important to know that you have access to local advocacy to help you make your complaint and provide support throughout the complaints process.

An NHS Complaints Advocate is independent of the NHS and may help you write a letter, attend a meeting with you or explain the options available to you. This service is free to anyone making a complaint about their NHS treatment or care.

Finding a complaints advocate

Healthwatch Southwark can help you find independent NHS complaints advocacy services in your area. You can also contact social services at your local council and ask about advocacy services. The Advocacy People gives advocacy support. Call 0330 440 9000 for advice or text PEOPLE to 80800 and someone will get back to you.

Age UK may have advocates in your area. Visit their website or call 0800 055 6112.

POhWER gives advocacy support. Call 0300 456 2370 for advice or email
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Supporting people with a learning disability or autism

The Ask Listen Do webpages include information and films for autistic people and people with a learning disability, as well as families and organisations in health, social care and education.

Unhappy with the outcome of your complaint?

If you are not happy with the way your complaint has been dealt with and would like to take the matter further, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) which makes final decisions on unresolved complaints about the NHS in England. It is an independent service which is free for everyone to use.

To take your complaint to the Ombudsman, visit the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman website or call 0345 015 4033.