Travel vaccines are available for all Nexus Health Group patients at the Dun Cow Surgery every week.
- You can telephone our Patient Access Hub to ask for an appointment. Please use the telephone number of your registered practice.
- Complete an eConsult online. You will be contacted within 48 hours with an appointment, or the response to your question.
Please click here for general travel advice.
For the best chance of protection, most travel vaccines should be given 2 weeks before travel.
A yellow fever vaccine needs to be given 10 days before travel for the certificate to be valid.
- Yellow Fever vaccines cost £75 per person.
- If you have previously had a yellow fever vaccine at a Nexus practice, and have lost your certificate we can reissue this at a cost of £25. Please book a nurse telephone call for this to be arranged.
- If you have lost a yellow fever certificate from another practice you will need to contact them for a replacement.
Hepatitis A, Typhoid, DTP, Meningitis ACWY
Vaccines are available. Appointments take place at the Dun Cow Surgery.
Malaria tablets are not available on the NHS and you will need to purchase these from a pharmacy.
If you need information about your vaccination history, please book a nurse telephone appointment
If there is not an appointment available at the Dun Cow Surgery, you will need to book an appointment at a private travel clinic or local pharmacy
Nexus Health Group practices do not accept travel vaccine queries via email.
For more information on travel vaccinations, visit the NHS website at NHS travel vaccinations