Salaried GP Foundation Programme
Supporting new GPs into Primary Care
Nexus Health Group have launched a programme for newly qualified GPs (who have completed their VTS within the last 3 years). The aim of this is to support their first step into primary care on completion of your CTC and to help develop future leaders and clinical influencers within primary care.
Many of our current GP partners spent time as trainee doctors at some of our sites and we recognise the importance of a supported transition from training to a salaried role within General Practice.
Nexus Health Group was founded in 2016 with the coming together of a number of long established, like minded NHS GP practices. We are a well-recognised training organisation (for GP’s and allied health professionals) serving a diverse list of approximately 77,000 patients from nine practice sites all in North Southwark across a single practice list. Our GP sites are made up of established multidisciplinary teams of GPs, Advanced Nurse Practitioners (ANPs), Paramedics, Physicians Associates, Nurses, Pharmacists, Health Care Assistants (HCAs) and local administration teams. We are focused on the development of our workforce.
Our organisation is led by our GP partners, and Senior Management Team. Sites are supported by Clinical Governance Leads, and centralised back office functions providing Human Resources, Finance, Administration and IT support.
We have designed this programme specifically for newly qualified GPs within 3 years of completing their GP training to join one of our site based teams at Nexus on a salaried basis.
We are offering successful Salaried GP candidates a salary of £11,660 per session per annum, a pro rata weekly session for CPD, 6 weeks annual leave pro rata, and 1 week study leave pro rata. In addition to this the programme offers:
- The offer of a flexible working week
- A mentor from the Nexus GP partnership
- Quarterly peer support meetings
- Access to monthly Nexus wide educational meetings
- Access to training budget (by application)
- Access to monthly protected learning session with whole Nexus team
- Involvement and participation in Nexus wide transformation projects and other workstreams
- Shadowing in specialised clinics within the hospital setting or with community based specialist services
- Hits: 125